Fun blog about life, gardening, cooking, decorating, quilting, knitting, croceting....

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tax Time

Well today I had to bite the bullet and work on my taxes...seems like just yesterday I just went through all of this. Well, I did get the work done before I played. I've been working on a quilt and thought I'd give you just a little peek....

Well what do you think...it's a Celtic quilt with 20 blocks, all blocks are 18". Each block is a different design, and I've loved making each and every one. Soon I will be sewing them all together and can see what they look like all in one big design. I enjoy each step of the quilting process,picking out the pattern, then the fabrics, cutting, piecing, layout designing, sewing it all together, pinning the three quilt layers together, pinning, hand or machine quilting, and finally, the binding. Love the binding step! Quilting does require alot of patience but like anything in life, It makes it sooo much more worth it in the end!


I used to have a little friend who stayed with me while I quilted. I have recently lost her and she is sadly missed.

It's getting late, and I may need my energy for some quilting tomorrow...so good night all.

1 comment:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

That is one craft I have not tried yet, quilting! I figure I have to draw the line somewhere, but....Ohh I am tempted to give it a try! What fun to put it all together and see who it turns out. So sorry to hear about your crafting buddy!!

Carol